+ Highly responsive, personalized care with 24/7 cell-phone and e-mail access to our physicians.
+ Unhurried appointments. The average appointment is scheduled to be 45 minutes or longer, giving each patient ample time to discuss any concerns.
+ Same or next day appointments with extended day and weekend office hours to your individual needs.
+ EKG’s and lab draws done in office.
+ Ultrasounds and Echocardiograms done in office
+ Each patient will be supplied with a current list of medical diagnoses and medications on each visit, in case this information is ever needed in an emergency situation.
1. What is a concierge, or patient-focused medical practice? In exchange for paying a retainer fee, patients receive 24-hour access to a physician, including last minute appointments, prescriptions, or to answer medical questions. Additionally, appointments can be up to an hour long, as opposed to the standard 15 minute appointment time most traditional patients are allotted. Patients have medical aid at their fingertips, with same or next-day appointments guaranteed. A concierge practice is one where the physician devotes greater time to a patient’s unique and individual needs. Our patients secure a highly personalized relationship with our physicians.
2. What is the size of the practice? Our practice is limited to approximately 500 concierge patients. The average traditional internal medicine physician has over 3,000 patients. In doing this, we are able to offer you short or no wait times and longer visits with our physicians, along with same or next day appointments.
3. What if I need hospital services? Our physicians have admitting privileges at many local hospitals. If the unfortunate occasion arises that you need to be admitted to the hospital, our physicians will admit and care for you during your hospitalization, given that your particular insurance plan allows (some insurances have contracts with the hospitals prohibiting this). In the instance that we cannot admit you to the hospital, we will still visit you so that you can rest assured that appropriate care is provided to you. What is the annual retainer fee? The annual fee for our concierge services is $2000. This fee may be paid up front or in semi-annual installments. In many instances, if our physicians can save you one emergency visit due to our availability of same day appointments and off hours, the fee will have already paid for itself. Please contact our office regarding any questions about the annual retainer fee to see how we may be able to work with you.
4.Is the fee covered by my insurance? Private insurances do not cover the annual fee. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain insurance to cover the cost of labs, radiology studies, specialty care and hospitalization. We bill your insurance for your office visits with us. Please note that co-payments are still required due to insurance laws and regulations.
5. What if I do not have insurance? Our office will attempt to work with any patient who does not have medical insurance coverage. We do accept cash-paying patients as well. Please feel free to contact our office manager to discuss how you can still be a part of our practice!
6. What will I do if one of the physicians is away or on vacation? If our physicians are away or physically unavailable, all of our patients will be cared for by one of our trusted colleagues. In these instances, our patients will still receive exceptional care, even in our absence.
7. Can the Annual Enrollment Fee be applied to our deductible? The Annual Enrollment Fee cannot be applied to your insurance deductible. However, if your employer has a Flex Plan (“FSA” or Flexible Spending Account) or a Medical IRA, you may be able to receive reimbursement for the Annual Enrollment Fee with these pre-tax dollars. We advise you to speak with your carrier for a more individualized answer.
8.Can I meet with one of the doctors to discuss whether this practice is right for me or my family member? Absolutely! You can schedule a complimentary meeting with Dr. Ruiz or Dr. Sizemore to discuss the benefits of our concierge medical practice. We look forward to meeting you and providing you with the quality care that you deserve!